Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Weekend Scarf

I always see these articles proclaiming that one can weave a scarf in a weekend. That has never been my experience until now.

Yarn...Bamboo Pop. 50/50 Bamboo/Cotton purchased at Yarn del Sol.

Starting Friday night - one hour to warp and dress my 10" Schacht Cricket rigid heddle loom. Using direct warping method*, 8 dent reed, 64 ends, 3 yards long (2.7m). Start weaving.

Variegated warp with a solid weft. I wove about 10-12 inches per half hour.

Close up of loose weave. That's one reason why the weaving goes so fast.

4 hours total to weave 75 inches (190cm). Most on Saturday with the last 5 inches woven on Sunday morning. Cut off loom.

Twist fringe right away in just one hour. I love my fringe twister.

For easy care, throw in washer and dryer (to get full shrinkage of the bamboo/cotton yarn - about 14% shrinkage), press well with a hot iron and lots of steam. I wore it Monday morning!

You can weave a scarf in a weekend!

*Direct warping method. In 3 minutes. Or real time.

No comments:

Post a Comment