Friday, December 9, 2016

Weaving Demo

Ian's 4th grade teacher is teaching the class how to weave on a cardboard loom. It's part of a section on Native American studies they are learning about.

I volunteered to demo weaving on my Cricket loom. That's me showing samples. After showing the kids what I do, they got to weave on the loom themselves.


These are the finished samples. Each kid got to weave 2 picks of weft. The red sample is from Ian's Green team and the blue sample is from the Blue team.

I'm weaving off the rest of the warp and plan to felt the fabric to make coasters.




2 comments:

  1. That's really cool! I love when teachers get the kids interested in both history and craft/arts like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cool. Some of the kids like the weaving so much they use their recess time weave instead of going outside to play.

    ReplyDelete