Friday, February 17, 2012

Anticipation

I am very excited to tell you that I am going to weave this weekend. For three days straight.

I am going to study twill rug weaving with Jason Collingwood, the world renown rug weaver from England. His late father is Peter Collingwood, master of master-weavers. 

This workshop has been in the works since last October. It is organized by Studio 66 Fiber Arts. In conjunction with several other guilds and groups in Southern California, we invited Jason to come and teach several workshops and seminars. I was and am lucky enough to be one of the organizers. 

Studio 66 Fiber Arts developed out of the Studio 66 Retreat, which I helped produce on Mother’s Day weekend in 2010 and 2011.

Mostly I’m very happy to have the opportunity to weave again. It has not been a priority for me since I moved in 2010. My apartment is space challenged and my loom languishes folded up in a corner. I’ve spent a fair amount of time spinning as I teach it now and need to stay very current with that skill. But I miss my weaving. This workshop will set me back on track, I hope.

I can’t wait to tell you how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment