Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Solar Eclipse

Kind of off topic but way too cool not to share.

Along with millions of other people all over the world, I watched the solar eclipse on Monday. In Southern CA we got about 60% coverage of the sun by the moon.

Here is where I started my day in Orange County. Pin holes in card stock on the sidewalk at my place.

Then I moved to my friend's house because she had solar glasses to share. Ian and his friend checking out the real eclipse.

My personal shot using my phone camera with the solar glasses snug against the lens. Sun is the tiny crescent on the upper right side.

More card stock viewing with extra crescents between my fingers holding the paper.

Then a flurry of photos from my family via text in Los Angeles County...

My mother's cardboard box with two little crescents.

My sister at my niece's elementary school.

Using her binoculars, a pair of crescents.

And on cardboard.

My brother's binocular shot.

My sister, in the Bay Area, found the crescent in the cloud cover there. The tiny spot in the center.

Many crescent shadows through the leaves of a tree. I feel like I could replicate this pattern using Shibori stitching and dyeing techniques on silk.

And the finale from the cousin of a friend in Oregon.

So amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment