Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Deadlines part 5

Week 5

I finished!

This is the yarn I had left. I used approximately 745 yards total.

Blocking the shawl after washing in the washer on gentle cycle using a net bag to contain it.

What NOT to do when wet finishing a handspun wool project...

1. Don't throw the net bag in the dryer. Even for a short time.
2. Don't forget the net bag is in the dryer.
3. Don't panic and get mad.
4. Don't tug so hard on the slightly felted knit fabric that you actually tear the yarn at the edge.
5. Don't get mad. Did I already say this?
6. Don't put it back in the water to soak in a too small pan so that the ripped yellow yarn that needs repair sits on the blue part and comes out stained - highlighting the rip.
7. Don't be too sad.


With a small invisible-when-worn repair, what was a lovely beautiful shawl is still a lovely beautiful shawl. I do love the color combo.



No comments:

Post a Comment